14.6.12

Home-Made Gripper Bar


Missing a gripper bar on your small proofing press well Alan from The Hedgehog Press has come up with a brilliant idea!
I've a gripper bar, paper feed tray and a side lay gauge on the large Farley but on my smaller S&B proofing press there's nothing which I find very frustrating if I need to position more accurately!
Alan has kindly uploaded a large file to flickr so you can zoom in on the detail and written a description with added notes on the photo, which you can read HERE.
A clipboard spring and part of a bulldog clip, brilliant! I think even I can manage to make one, when I do I'll photograph the process.
Thanks to Alan for a very innovative idea, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping and i would love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails