17.11.09

MY NEW PRINT






My first proper linocut! This was designed to be an A4 pull out poster for my letterpress zine, a uni project. On Saturday I did my longest print run yet and went and borrowed my mentor John's Farley proofing press, 105 pulls and 5 hours later with an aching back I came home and printed the 3rd colour on the front cover of my zine, purple! Another 30 runs through my Adana then I sat down and had well earned glass of red wine :) Now to finish the back cover....

I have finally opened a shop in Folksy but still lots more to do to get my shop stocked up and then I'll open my Etsy shop. Let me know what you think please - any critique welcome, good or bad! :)

8 comments:

  1. Ten wild horses couldn't make me carving three linocuts! I found out that I don't have enough patience for doing this. I am thrilled, it is a wonderful print. I also like the paper you've choosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sabrina! I find it quite relaxing and only manage to stab my finger once! he he :) It's printed on some recycled newsprint that I got while in New York which really soaks up the ink and dries very quickly so I could do all colours in one day. It also gives it an aged look so looks more retro, wish I had got some more now :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great! I'm a huge fan on linoprinting! Fantastic first linocut. The registration is great. I'm still working on lining up multiple colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Derrick! Registration's easier using a proofing press with a guide and grippers! just looked at your website, yours are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jax, just seen this in your Folksy shop; fabulous! I'm so impressed with your registration and love the colours! J x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks J :) I've just made my first sale YIPEE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, congrats! Here's to many more!!!! J x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous14.3.11

    Your text looks great! I love woodcut text, I need to incorporate it more in my work.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping and i would love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails