13.3.10

Exhibition of Mexican prints at the British Museum

A couple of weeks ago a spent a few days in London and had the pleasure to meet up with Helen aka HI-ARTZ press, when she kindly introduced me to an exhibition 'Revolution on paper: Mexican prints 1910–1960' at the British Museum. 
So much print eye candy I found it hard to talk to Helen with my eyes trying to take in all the relief print  splendor, not copious amounts of wood letters but the quality of the lino and woodcuts made up for it! I took lots of pictures, which the quality of in no way reflects the real thing, you see some of my favorites on my Flickr.
The exhibition runs until 5th April 2010 and will then travel to three venues across the UK in September 2010 (details to follow), entry is FREE! There's a short documentary here and you read more about the exhibition here.
So if you can't get to London it will hopefully to your neck of the woods in September, Manchester please then I can go again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping and i would love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails